Mandatory Training Requirements for GP Vaccination Hubs
*These must be completed and certificates uploaded to your Workforce Platform Profile prior to working in the GP vaccination hubs *
Online COVID-19 Vaccination Training Modules:
- Core knowledge for COVID vaccinations
- COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer-BioNTech – Specific vaccine knowledge
- COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca – Specific vaccine knowledge
BLS and Anaphylaxis Training:
Please upload up to date training certificates (within 1 year) or complete the training modules below and upload the certificates:
COVID Vaccination Competency Self Assessment :
All vaccinators and Draw Uppers must have been signed off as competent using the competency tool if new to or returning to immunisation after a prolonged period (more than 12 months), or have used the tool for self-assessment if an experienced vaccinator or draw upper (vaccinating within past 12 months).
*This is a requirement for all vaccinators regardless of clinical role (Including GPs)
NOTE: If you are not currently competent please complete the self assessment parts and bring to your first shift and we will arrange training. Please let the booking team on firstname.lastname@example.org if you require training on the day.
Competency Tool for Vaccinators / Consenters (Registered HCP):
- COVID Vaccinator Competency Assessment Tool – Full Document
- COVID-Vaccination-Competency-Assessment-Tool_Form PF-AZ Word Document to complete
Competency Tool for Draw Uppers (Registered and Non Registered HCPs):
Management of Sharps Online Training:
This training must be completed by Draw Uppers who have no experience of handling sharps. Please complete all training modules and pass the 2 tests.
**The training is provided by Frontier Medical Group so users will need to register on the site. The training is free.**
All Vaccinators, Consenters & Draw Uppers must read the Sharps Management Process:
Below are links to important communications from the IAS Clinical Lead and the documentation that you must read through prior to doing any vaccination work.
- National Protocol PfizerBioNTech9Vaccine v2 – 10th Jan 21
- National Protocol-for-covid-19-astrazeneca-vaccine 6th Jan 21
- 210104 Letter From The UK CMOs Regarding The UK Covid-19 Vaccination Programmes
- Letter from UK CMOs re COVID-19 Vaccination Programmes
- JCVI Statement
- 201215 MHRA Guidance to be followed at Primary Care Vaccination Hubs
- Pfizer – BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine prescribing guidance_v2_approved
- Green Book Chapter 14a_December 20
Consent and logging is done via the online portal Pinnacle / Pharmoutcomes – please watch this training video
Administrator Pinnacle Paper Guide:
This is the paper backup form if the system stops working: